Nikola Tesla and the Mother of Invention
Tesla was a brilliant inventor. She also had a son.
Electricity pioneer Nikola Tesla's role model was an uneducated, illiterate housewife: his mother Djuka. Djuka tinkered, experimented, and invented--making a science out of the domestic sphere. This musical exploration of Djuka and her most famous invention--her son Nikola--tells the story of the magnetic push and pull of family bonds, the branching currents of freedom and choices, and balancing surprising sources of energy.
Nikola Tesla and the Mother of Invention is a production of Matheatre, an international touring company that uses live theatre to tell stories that inspire excitement about math and science. (matheatre.com)
10% of Matheatre's ticket proceeds will be donated to the Malala Fund — working for a world where every girl can learn and lead.
Written & Performed by Ricky Coates and Sadie Bowman
Music and lyrics by Sadie Bowman
Score by Joe McMorrow
Directed by Jason Ballweber
Made possible in part by funding from our Matheatre's Patreon members! (patreon.com/matheatre)
Choose from two types of tickets:
Watch the show from the comfort of your home or wherever you want to be.
18th & Union is beginning to host audiences again! We're going slow, and only filling to partial capacity. Please note the following guidelines:
- Proof of vaccination will be required for entry into the venue. Masks are required while not eating or drinking.
- All venue staff are fully vaccinated and will be masked. All performers are fully vaccinated and will be masked when not performing.
- The audience will only be filled to partial capacity. There will be no late seating.
- Concessions are available; contactless payment only, no cash.
- We have air conditioning and a ventilation system that transfer the air approximately every 5 minutes.
If you purchase a ticket to watch the show in person and change your mind, no matter the reason, we'll exchange your ticket so you can watch on the live stream.