covid and 18th & union
UPDATED AUGUST 21, 2022:
18th & Union is committed to carefully and proactively following all public health and common sense guidelines. We’ve made improvements to the physical venue, acquired equipment to support live streaming over the internet, and set up health and safety protocols for artists, audience members and others who will access the space.
18th & Union is an intimate venue, and performance is a unique venture. In order to ensure performer, staff, and guest safety, our guidelines remain in place until further notice. Please note the following guidelines for joining us in-person at 18th & Union:
- Symptom- and exposure-free. When purchasing a ticket, you will be asked to attest that your full group will be free of cold, flu, COVID or other contagious symptoms on the day of the show, and that no one is in an observation or quarantine period due to exposure or positive COVID test. (In-person tickets can be exchanged for stream access.)
- Proof of vaccination or a same-day negative COVID test is required. When purchasing a ticket, you will asked to attest to your full group's vax or negative status
- Face coverings are required while not eating or drinking.
- The bar will be open for concessions and drinks. Plastic or digital payments only please, no cash accepted at this time.
- All venue staff and performers are following these same guidelines and will be masked when not performing.
- We installed a ventilation system, which transfers air in the performance space every 5 minutes.
- If you purchase an in-person ticket, and change your mind for any reason, we will exchange your tickets for the Stream.
A ventilation system was installed in the performance space to increase the safety and comfort of all artists and guests at 18th & Union. It’s quiet and effective, running at a CFM (cubic feet/minute) rate that will replace the air in the space about every 5 minutes.
We also have new air conditioning units in all areas of the space to provide a more comfortable environment for all.
Ready to Stream
Most of our shows are offered to in-person attendees, as well as stream audiences. In this way, we hope to be able to accommodate multiple preferences for viewing, and to pivot quickly if public health recommendations change without warning.
As always at 18th & Union, tickets will be offered on a sliding scale to accommodate different budgets while also valuing the work of our partner artists.
All this is possible thanks to generous support from many who helped us get to this point. Special thanks to: Our understanding landlords; 4Culture; ArtsFund; Raynier Foundation; SBA; alongside many vital individual donors. These financial resources were critical in helping 18th & Union survive the shutdown and add the improvements we needed to reopen.
Want to be part of our Re-Emergence? Click here to donate and support 18th & Union.